Recently, I received a Facebook post asking me to list ten books that had the most impact on me, but that’s difficult because any book I read impacts me in some way. So, I decided to post my favorite books and a list of books that are on my to-be-read list here to share with all of you.
1) The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton
2) To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
3) The Red Tent by Anita Diamant
4) The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
5) Interview with a Vampire by Anne Rice
6) The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
7) The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
8) The Old Man and The Sea by Ernest Hemingway
9) Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil by John Berendt
10) Sarah by Orson Scott Card
1) Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
2) Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
3) Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
4) 1984 by George Orwell
5) The complete works of Flannery O’Connor
6) Doctor Sleep by Stephen King
7) The Complete Wizard of Oz by L. Frank Baum
8) Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
9) Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn
10) Slaughterhouse Five by Kurt Vonnegut
So there are ten of my favorites and a list of books on tap to read. There are many more on the to-be-read list, but I thought ten was a good place to stop.
Feel free to write down your list in the comments below, I would love to add your recommendations to my list!